
It's a picture of, probably my favorite place on the planet, Squamish. And that's The Stawamus Chief there - an impressive granite dome that rises some 700m above the beautiful inlet called Howe Sound.
I love Squamish for the climbing that is spread out all over the area and I love it because it's a peaceful, backwoods kinda place; exactly my style. Rach loves it because it's the future site of a rather large equestrian centre and she loves it because it's quiet and she loves it because when we're there we're both happy. At least that's why I think she likes it.
But we love Squamish too 'coz it smacks of community. That is, a place that seems to have escaped all the busyness - in the city of Vancouver, and futher up the road in Whistler - that has sucked the life out of a word like community.
Why community? Because that's what Jesus disciples did. And that my friend, is what we should be doing. We learn from being together. We share ideas, hurts. We get help from each other. And we challenge each other to be more like our hero, JC.
So what does this all mean? Well, I've been psyched lately to start up a blog with some thoughts on it. Maybe to distil my thoughts, but also to offer my thoughts to everyone who can click on icons and stuff from their PC's (or even Mac's!), and in return, blog with me. Either via comments or via entries on this very blog. And through that, maybe we can learn from each other, maybe we can benefit from each other's experience and maybe as a result - we can be changed to be more like God!
I'll fire off the first one - please let me know if you're interested in joining.
It's gonna be good :)

No comments:
Post a Comment